FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What are the benefits of hiring an organizer?
They help you….
- be efficient – find things when you need them.
- save money and the environment – know what you have so you don’t have to buy it again.
- live or work in a peaceful space – know where things go and where to find things.
- feel less stressed – create an environment that meets your needs.
- pay bills on time – develop systems that work for you.
- complete assignments – know where they are and remember to turn them in.
2. What should I expect when you come to my space?
A Professional Organizer is like any other professional working in your space in that you are not expected to fix the problem before the hired professional gets there. You are paying the professional to know and understand their job in order to help you with your situation.
3. Will you make me throw away my things?
You make decisions about your things.I will help you with this process by asking a variety of questions. A professional organizer’s job is to help the client achieve their organizing goals.
4. Do you work with people who have problems such as these…YES, I certainly do!
- My table is always covered with paper: school stuff, bills, invitations, and junk mail. I don’t know what to do with it all.
- My basement has become a place to pile stuff. I don’t even know what’s down there anymore.
- My living room is such a wreck that I don’t feel comfortable inviting people over.
- My dressers are so full that they don’t really shut and I don’t have a place to put my wallet because the tops of my dresser are covered.
- My kitchen cupboards are so disorganized that I really don’t enjoy cooking.
- I don’t have room in my closet for all my clothes.
- My 7th grader used to be a good student and now he/she is having such a hard time in school.
5. What about these concerns…I CAN help you .
- I used to be organized.I don’t know what happened.
- I just need a few new organizing ideas for this room.
- I’m not sure how to organize this space.
- I know I need to get rid of some things but I’m not sure what.
- I’m wasting too much money by purchasing duplicate items.
- I spend too much time looking for things.
- I’m a graduate student with many different work spaces, how do I make them function!